|Name:||Dr. Sadia Khan||Back to Faculty|
|Tel No. (Off):||99261261-8 Ext. 2622|
|Ph. D.||2016||Civil & Environmental Engineering||University of Strathclyde Glasgow, UK|
|M. Phil.||2010||Molecular Medicine||Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular Medicine and Drug Research
International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences University of Karachi
|M. Sc.||1999||Microbiology||University of Karachi|
|B.Sc.(H)||1998||Microbiology||University of Karachi|
|2017 - to date||Associate Professor||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University of Engineering and Technology|
|2016 - 2017||Assistant Professor||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University of Engineering and Technology|
|2010 - 2016||Lecturer||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University of Engineering and Technology|
|Society for General Microbiology (SGM) (membership no. 20002440)|
|International Water Resource Association (IWRA)|
|European Water Recourse Association (EWRA) (membership code: 15012102)|
|Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH)|
|Pakistan Society for Microbiology (PSM)|
|Bio-safety Association of Pakistan (BSAP)|
|Control of Communicable, water borne and food borne diseases|
|Application of biotechnology for pollution control and disease control|
|Water analysis and assessment of drinking water quality|
|Microbiological analysis of food products|
|Antibacterial and antifungal screening of plant crude extracts and pure compounds|
- Sadia Khan, Tara K. Beattie, and Charles W. Knapp (2019) Rapid selection of antimicrobial‑resistant bacteria in complex water systems by chlorine and pipe materials. Environmental Chemistry Letters. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10311-019-00867-z (IF= 4.410)
- Sadia Khan, Tara K. Beattie, and Charles W. Knapp (2017) The use of minimum selectable concentrations (MSCs) for determining the selection of antimicrobial resistant bacteria. Ecotoxicology, 26(2):283-292. Published online on 7 Feb, 2017. DOI 10.1007/s10646-017-1762-y (IF=2.535)
- Sadia Khan, Tara K. Beattie, and Charles W. Knapp (2016). Relationship between antibiotic- and disinfectant-resistance profiles in bacteria harvested from tap water. Chemosphere, 152: 132-141. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2016.02.086. (IF=5.778).
- Sadia Khan, Charles W. Knapp and Tara K. Beattie (2016). Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Found in Municipal Drinking Water. Environmental Processes, 3(3): 541-552. Doi: 10.1007/s40710-016-0149-z. (IF=1.650)
- Julie C. Anderson, Shira Joudan, Eira Shoichet, Leah D. Cuscito, Ayana E. C. Alipio, Craig S. Donaldson, Sadia Khan, Douglas M. Goltz, Charles W. Knapp, Mark L. Hanson, Charles S. Wong (2015). Reducing nutrients, organic micropollutants, antibiotic resistance, and toxicity in rural wastewater effluent with subsurface filtration treatment technology. Ecological Engineering, 84: 375-385. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2015.08.005 (IF=3.600).
- Atif Mustafa, Miklas Scholz, Sadia Khan, Abdul Ghaffar (2013). Application of Solar Disinfection for Treatment of Contaminated Public Water Supply in a Developing Country: Field Observations". Journal of Water and Health, 11(1): 135-145. DOI: 10.2166/wh.2012.119 (IF= 1.660).
- Syed Ghulam Musharraf, Jalaluddin, Muniza Akhter, Masood Parvez, Saifullah, Sadia Khan, Sammer Yousaf, Saifullah Khan and Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary (2012). Biotransformation of an antimalarial drug, artemether by plant and fungal cell cultures. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, 82: 80-85. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.molcatb.2012.06.007 (IF=2.530).
- Sadia Khan and Asif Ahmed Shaikh (2012). Mobile Phones: Reservoir of Infectious Diseases in University Premises. NED University Journal of Research IX(1): 35-43. (HEC X category)
- Vinitha M. Thadhani, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, Sadia Khan and Veranja Karunaratne (2012). Antimicrobial and Toxicological activity of some depsides and depsidones. Journal of the National Science Foundation of Sri Lanka, 40(1): 43-48. (IF=0.419).
- Syed Ghulam Musharraf, Asma Najeeb, Sadia Khan, Masood Perez, Rahat Azhar Ali and M. Iqbal Choudhary (2010). Microbial Transformation of 5a-Hydroxycaryophylla-4(12), 8 (13) -diene with Macrophomina phaseoline. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic, 66(1-2): 156-160. doi:10.1016/j.molcatb.2010.04.011 (IF=2.530).
- Alembert T. Tchinda, Victorine Fuendjiep, Ali Sajjad, Chelea Matchawe, Pascal Wafo, Sadia Khan, Pierre Tane and Muhammad I. Choudhary (2009). Bioactive Compounds from the fruits of Zanthoxylum leprieurii. Pharmacologyonline 1: 406-415 (IF=0.310).
- Khalid Mahmood Khan, Uzma Rasool Mughal, Sadia Khan, Saira Khan, Shahnaz Perveen and M. Iqbal Choudhary (2009). Synthesis and Antibacterial and Antifungal Activity of 5-Substituted Imidzolones. Letters in Drug Design and Discovery, 6 (1): 69-77 (IF=1.169).
- Afshan Kaleem, Ahmed Khurshid, Ishtiaq Ahmed, Evelyne Walker-Nasir, Sadia Khan, M. Iqbal Choudhary, A. R. Shakoori and Nasir-ud-Din (2008). Terminal galactose as cancer recognition marker: computing analysis with implications of vicinal sugars, linkage and anomery. Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 40(2): 135-143 (IF=0.750).
- Sheikh Ajaz Rasool, Afsheen Ahmed, Sadia Khan and Abdul Wahab (2003). Plasmid borne antibiotic resistance factors among indigenous Klebsiella. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 35 (2): 243- 248 (IF=0.730).
Gold Medal / Position / Honour / Award / Scholarship
- PhD scholarship from Schlumberger Foundation, Faculty for the Future in 2013.
- Indigenous Scholarship for M. Phil/ Ph. D. from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (2004).
- Lady Nusrat Abdullah Haroon Gold Medal for obtaining First Class First Position in M. Sc. From Department of Microbiology, University of Karachi (2000).
- First Class First Position in M. Sc. from Department of Microbiology, University of Karachi (1999).
- Merit Scholarship in M. Sc. from University of Karachi, Karachi-75270, Pakistan (1999).
- First Class Second Position in B.Sc. (Hons.), Department of Microbiology, University of Karachi (1998).