|Name:||Dr. Mehmood Ali||Back to Faculty|
|Tel No. (Off):||99261261-8 Ext. 2366|
|Ph. D.||2015||Mechanical Engineering||University of Glasgow, U.K.|
|M. Engg.||2001||Environmental Engineering||NED University, Karachi|
|B.E.||1995||Mechanical Engineering||NED University, Karachi|
|2017 – date||Associate Professor||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University|
|2006 – 2017||Assistant Professor||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University|
|Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)|
|Institution of Engineers (IEP)|
|Renewable & Alternate Energy Association of Pakistan (REAP)|
|Combustion and Emission Characteristics of Biodiesel Blends|
|Thermochemical Treatment Biomass|
|Solar Biomass Drying System|
|Bioenergy Generation from Agricultural Residues|
- Farnaz Batool, Arjumend Masood, Mehmood Ali (2020). Characterization of Sugarcane Bagasse Ash as Pozzolan and Influence on Concrete Properties. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. doi.org/10.1007/s13369-019-04301-y
- Mehmood Ali, Atif Mustafa, Muhammad Saleem (2019). Comparative study between indigenous natural coagulants and alum for microalgae harvesting. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering; 44 (7), 6453–6463.
- Mehmood Ali, Beena Naqvi, Ian A. Watson (2018). Possibility of converting indigenous Salvadora persica L. seed oil into biodiesel in Pakistan. International Journal of Green Energy; 15 (7), 427-435.
- Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2018). Mild pyrolysis of manually pressed and liquid nitrogen treated de‐ lipid cake of Nannochloropsis Oculata for bioenergy utilisation. Energy Technology; 6 (9), 1642-1648.
- Muhammad Saleem, Mehmood Ali, Zia Siddiqi, Abdulrahman Saud Al Qahtani (2017). Preparation of activated carbon from acacia (vachellia seyal) tree branches and application to treat wastewater containing methylene blue dye. Modern Applied Science; 11(12): 102-108.
- Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2017). Manual pressing of Nannochloropsis oculata dried biomass for enhanced lipid extraction. NED University Journal of Research - Applied Sciences; XIV (4): 105-111.
- Mehmood Ali, Razia Sultana, Sadia Tahir, Ian A. Watson, Muhammad Saleem. (2017). Prospects of microalgal biodiesel production in Pakistan- a review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews; 80:1588-1596.
- Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2016). Torrefaction and process energy budget analysis of powdered, de‐ oiled, and in situ transesterified flaxseed cakes for energy generation. Energy Technology; 4 (8): 980-989.
- Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2016). Microwave thermolysis and lipid recovery from dried microalgae powder for biodiesel production. Energy Technology; 4 (2): 319-330.
- Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2015). Microwave treatment of wet algal paste for enhanced solvent extraction of lipids for biodiesel production. Renewable Energy; 76: 470-477.
- Aya Abbassi, Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2014). Temperature dependency of cell wall destruction of microalgae with liquid nitrogen pre-treatment and hydraulic pressing. Algal Research; 5: 190-194.
- Mehmood Ali, Ian A. Watson (2014). Comparison of oil extraction methods, energy analysis and biodiesel production from flaxseeds. International Journal of Energy Research; 38 (5): 614-625.
- Jonathan R. McMillan, Ian A. Watson, Mehmood Ali, Weaam Jaafar (2013). Evaluation and comparison of algal cell disruption methods: microwave, water bath, blender, ultrasonic and laser treatment. Applied Energy; 103:128-134.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Mehmood Ali, Jafar N. Usmani, Saeid Baroutian, Muhammad Saleem (2013). Technical evaluation of Pongame and Jatropha B20 fuels in Pakistan. Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering; 38 (4): 759-766.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Mehmood Ali, Jafar N. Usmani, Nasim A. Khan, Hasan Diyauddeen B. Hasan, Muhamaad S. Islam, Abdul AA. Raman, Rozita Yusoff, Muhammad F. Irfan (2012). Status of biodiesel research and development in Pakistan. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews; 16 (7): 4396-4405.
- Mehmood Ali, Asif A. Shaikh (2012). Emission testing of Jatropha and Pongamia mixed biodiesel fuel in a diesel engine. NED University Journal of Research; Thematic Issue on Energy: 43-52.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Mehmood Ali, Saeid Baroutian, Muhammad Saleem (2011). A techno economic comparison between B10 of Eruca Sativa L. and other Indigenous seed oils in Pakistan, Process Safety and Environmental Protection; 89 (3): 165-171.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Jafar N. Usmani, Mehmood Ali (2010). A Techno-Economic Evaluation of Two Non-Edible Vegetable Oil Based Bio Diesel in Pakistan, NED University Journal of Research; 7: 43-54.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Mehmood Ali (2009). Performance of Compression Ignition Engine with Indigenous Castor Oil Bio Diesel in Pakistan, NED University Journal of Research; 6:10-19.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Mehmood Ali (2008). Engine Emissions Testing of Indigenous Bio Diesel / Diesel Fuel Blends in Pakistan, NED University Journal of Research; 5: 1-9.
- M. H. Chakrabarti, Mehmood Ali (2008). Bio Diesel from Refined Canola oil in Pakistan, NED University Journal of Research; 5: 34-42.