|Name:||Dr. Atif Mustafa||Back to Faculty|
|Tel No. (Off):||99261261-8 Ext. 2346|
|Ph.D||2010||Civil and Environmental Engineering||University of Edinburgh, UK|
|M. Engg.||2002||Environmental Engineering||NED University, Karachi|
|B.E.||1998||Civil Engineering||NED University, Karachi|
|2010 – date||Associate Professor||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University|
|2007 - 2009||Part-time Tutor||Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Edinburgh, UK|
|2003 – 2010||Assistant Professor||Environmental Engineering Department, NED University|
|2000 – 2003||Lecturer||Civil Engineering Department, NED University|
|Member of the Global Environment Centre (GEC) - Japan|
|Member of the International Water Association (IWA)|
|Water management with constructed wetlands|
|Microbial ecology - natural and engineered environments|
|Development of sustainable water supply systems for developing countries|
- Anwar Z., Mustafa A., Ali M., (2019). Appraisal of process safety management practices in refining sector of Pakistan. Process Safety and Environmental Protection 128, 36–40. (IF 4.384)
- Saleem F., Kamran Azim M., Mustafa A., Kori J.A., Hussain, M.S., (2019). Metagenomic profiling of fresh water lakes at different altitudes in Pakistan. Ecological Informatics 51, 73–81. (IF 2.310)
- Ali, M, Mustafa A., Saleem M., (2018) Comparative Study between Indigenous Natural Coagulants and Alum for Microalgae Harvesting. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 44, 6453-6463. (IF 1.518)
- Saleem F., Mustafa A., Kori J.A., Hussain, M.S., Kamran Azim M. (2018). Metagenomic characterization of bacterial communities in drinking water supply system of a mega city. Microbial Ecology 76(4), 899–910. (IF 3.611)
- Mustafa A., Kamran Azim M., Raza Z., Ahmed Kori J. (2018), BTEX removal in a modified free water surface wetland. Chemical Engineering Journal 333(1), 451-455. Available online. (IF 8.355)
- Mustafa A., Scholz M., Khan S., Ghaffar A. (2013), Application of solar disinfection for treatment of contaminated public water supply in a developing country: field observations. Journal of Water and Health 11 (1), 135-145. (IF 1.683)
- Mustafa A., Scholz M. (2011), Characterization of Microbial Communities Transforming and Removing Nitrogen in Wetlands. Wetlands, 31(3):583-592. (IF 1.854)
- Mustafa A., Scholz M. (2011), Nutrient Accumulation in Typha latifolia L. and Sediment of a Representative Integrated Constructed Wetland. Water Air & Soil Pollution, 219 (1-4), 329-341. (IF 1.774)
- Kayranli B., Scholz M., Mustafa A., Hoffman O., Harrington R. (2010), Performance Evaluation of Integrated Constructed Wetlands treating Domestic Wastewater. Water Air & Soil Pollution, 210 (1-4), 435-451. (IF 1.774)
- Kayranli B., Scholz M., Mustafa A. and Hedmark Å. (2010), Carbon Storage and Fluxes within Freshwater Wetlands: a Critical Review. Wetlands, 30 (1), 111-124. (IF 1.854)
- Mustafa A. (2019), Nature-based Solutions for Sustainable Water Management,1st National Conference of Environment & Sustainable Development, 29th March, 2019, Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Mustafa A. (2018), Decentralized Wastewater Treatment System for Sustainable Wastewater Management, A.NERGY, Incheon National University, 31st October – 02nd November, 2018, Incheon, Republic of Korea.
- Mustafa A., Ali M., (2018), Waste Materials As Substrates in Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands Treating Domestic Wastewater, 9th International Conference on Waste Management and the Environment, 17th to 19th September, 2018, Seville, Spain.
- Mustafa A. (2017), Floating Constructed Wetland for Improving Wastewater Treatment Efficiency of a Pond System, A.NERGY, Incheon National University, 18th to 20th October, 2017, Incheon, Republic of Korea.
- Mustafa A. (2016), Performance Evaluation of a Low-cost and Low-energy Wastewater Treatment System, 1st International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Management (ICEEM-2016) June 04, 2016, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Mustafa A. and Raza Z., (2015), Free Water Surface Wetland System for Treatment of Produced Water from a Gas Field. In: Dotro, G., Gagnon, V.(Eds.), 6th International Symposium on Wetland Pollutant Dynamics and Control, Annual Conference of the Constructed Wetland Association “WETPOL 2015”, 13th to 18th September, 2015, York, United Kingdom, pp. 114-115.
- Mustafa A., (2015), Constructed wetlands for sustainable wastewater treatment. In: Arif, F. Lodi, S. Gazder, U., 7th International Civil Engineering Congress, “ICEC-2015”, 12th to 13th June 2015, Karachi, Pakistan, pp. 104-108.
- Mustafa A., Saba Q., Khan S., (2015), Microbial Contamination in Drinking Water and Incidence of Waterborne Diseases in Mega City of a Developing Country- Karachi, Pakistan. In: Arif, F. Lodi, S. Gazder, U., 7th International Civil Engineering Congress, “ICEC-2015”, 12th to 13th June 2015, Karachi, Pakistan, pp. 139-145.
- Mustafa A. and Ali F., (2014), Treatment of Refinery Wastewater using Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands. In: Zhou, Q., Zhai, J., (Eds.), Conference Proceedings 14th IWA Specialized Group Conference on "Wetland Systems for Water Pollution Control", 12-16 October 2014, Shanghai, China, pp. 410-416.
- Mustafa A. and Ali M., (2014), Evaluation of an Urban Wetland: Water Quality, Ecosystem Services, Public Perception and Restoration. In: Zhou, Q., Zhai, J., (Eds.), Conference Proceedings 14th IWA Specialized Group Conference on "Wetland Systems for Water Pollution Control", 12-16 October 2014, Shanghai, China, pp. 770-775.